Welcome to brianmacintosh.com. I'm Brian MacIntosh, and I am a game programmer in the Orange County area of Southern California. This site serves to host and distribute some of my games and my blog, below.
I have developed games and apps for the XBox 360, Windows PC, iPad, Amazon Alexa, and Windows 7 Phone. I'm particularly interesting in procedural generation, pixel art, and emergent gameplay, and I'm looking forward to developing more games with these technologies.
Ludum Dare #30 Results
September 17th, 2014 @ 11:48
Tags: ludum dare, space transport tycoon, game jam
Results for the past weeks' Ludum Dare judging are in! While we knew we had made a game that was ill-suited to the judging style of the Ludum Dare, in which people have to play and judge a lot of games in a short time period, there were definitely some who really enjoyed the complexity and took time to learn the game.
I played some other really cool games while I was judging. Here are a few that I stumbled across:
- Tough Love Machine - A remarkable innovation on the classic sliding-block puzzle.
- This little piggy - It has bacon in it.
- Bidimensional Landscaping - A quick game with a unique new mechanic.
- Fluid Perspectives - A very nice little platformer
- Ferryman - It's a humorous and witty take on the theme.
- Toward Toward Heaven - Shares our plight of being pretty complicated, but I kept coming back for more of it. A unique take on "multiplayer" games.
Space Transport Tycoon
August 25th, 2014 @ 11:09
And the game is done as of last night. I think this one went well, considering Justin didn't stop playing it for 4 hours after we finished.
It's a space economy simulation game. You the player must build a network of trading routes to move materials to factories and consumers.
Play in your browser!